Sunday, March 20, 2011

Number One, Number Two...

I have a tendency to make lists. Long lists.
I make lists for everything. Usually it's "to do today" or "things I want to buy" or "blogs I want to write." But that doesn't mean I can't break out of the shell sometimes and make some crazy lists. But here is a list of the lists I will never make:
  • Books I have read. That would take me a couple centuries.
  • Places I want to go. Because all I'd have to do is copy the index from the world atlas.
  • Favorite food. For one, I could never decide even on multiple favorites.
I almost put "bucket list" on there; because if you want to do something before you die, and you haven't died yet, you should do it right away. But I can't be quite sure that I'll never make a bucket list. You never know when the mood will hit me.
Here's the list of books I want to read. Condensed.
  • Jane Austen's Letters- Deirdre Le Faye
  • 101 Things You Didn't Know About Jane Austen- Patrice Hannon
  • Villette- Charlotte Bronte
  • Moby Dick- Herman Melville
  • War and Peace- Leo Tolstoy (I think it would just be cool to say that I have read it)
  • Cranford- Elizabeth Gaskell
  • North and South- Elizabeth Gaskell
  • More of Lynn Austen's works
  • More of George MacDonald's works
  • All of Charles Dickens' works that I haven't read
  • All of C.S. Lewis' works that I haven't read

Again, I nearly added "and most of the books I see in the library"... but then it wouldn't have been quite as condensed.

Here is the list of plants I want. Prepare yourself.
  • A Clematis jackmanii
  • Bleeding Heart
  • Lily of the Valley
  • A pink Agastache
  • Delphinium- tall purple ones
  • Peonies- lots of them
  • Climbing Roses
  • Double Poppies
  • Regular Poppies
  • Cyclamen
  • Orchids- lots more
  • Asparagus
  • Rhubarb
  • Strawberries
  • Blueberries
  • Raspberries (a variety that doesn't freeze before they ripen)
  • Any vegetable or herb, really
That, too, was a condensed list. Trust me.

And just for fun, here's a list of what I learned from my brothers and their friend yesterday.
  • Squirrels make good gifts
  • Ninjas have anger issues when it comes to fruit
  • The Grand Canyon was made by the Pilgrims (didn't know that, did you?)
  • Make sure you have food if there are boys in the vicinity. Lots.
Well, that's all for now. I should probably start doing some of things I have on my many lists...

No comments:

Post a Comment