Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Back in the Swing

I had a ton of great ideas for this summer. My book list was a least a yard long. (Ok, you got me. I didn't actually write it out. But if I had, I bet it would have been at least a yard long!) I imagined long, lazy days of hiking, camping, and swimming in lakes in the middle of the woods. I had a pretty long project list too. Some sewing, some beading, some knitting, and of course, lots of painting.

I read, I went hiking, camping, and swimming in lakes in the middle of the woods, I did some sewing, some beading and some knitting. (TWO make-up-the-pattern-as-you-go hats, thankyouverymuch!) So, I didn't exactly get to all of my yard-long book list. And there are still some project pieces, waiting to be finished, hanging around my room. I'm never really finished with those sorts of things. :)

So... painting... Yeah. I listed the last poster on June 21st. Since then, well, I haven't done anything.

What happened?

Life.

Which means that I lost motivation. That geeky Star Wars painting I posted about?  I really tried. I pro'lly tried too hard. So, um, that's not gonna happen. As in, there are other paintings I'm supposed to be doing.

I find it ironic. I had all that free time this summer. And now, on the first day of school for me, I'm telling you that I've got the painting bug again.

So stay tuned! 'Cause I'm back in the Swing of things. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment